Home Selling Tips
Home Staging is a marketing tool for preparing any home for sale to target a demographic, lifestyle and a buyer for the home you’re selling. Here are some simple home selling tips to prepare your home for sale.
- De cluttering – Anything less than the size of a cantaloupe should be put away.
- Cleaning – Nothing is more important than presenting a home that’s clean.
- Neutralizing – Paint over bright colored walls with neutral tones.
- Updating – Make cost-effective updates like painting and carpet cleaning/replacement.
- Depersonalizing – Remove personal collections and family photos.
- Organizing – Arrange items or remove them.
- Reconfiguring furnishings arrangement – Position furniture in ways that would promote conversation.
- Removal, re purpose, rental or purchase of items – Consider other uses for your furniture and accessories. If you need a piece, consider purchasing or renting it.
- Exterior, landscape & curb appeal improvements – Mow the lawn, plant some flowers, trim shrubs. This is especially important for MLS Listing photos.
You don’t have to do a lot to help a prospective buyer fall in love with your home. One misconception that people have about home staging is that you need to decorate every room. Home staging is not about coming up with home decorating ideas to fill every room. The goal of home staging is to show off the home, not the home decor.
Staging your home or real estate investment property can help you sell your home faster and for more money. And it’s less expensive than a price reduction.
If you’re ready to sell your home, contact us for a free phone estimate.
Quick Home Staging Tips
- Think move in ready condition.
- Do cost effective updates.
- Fix what ever is broken ( www.ehow.com/home-remodeling-and-improvement)
- Clean, clean and clean some more.
Don’t give buyers the thought to price erode! Price erosion is the thousands of dollars in the minds of buyers it will take to move in to your home if they have objections to the condition, repairs or updates that haven’t been completed.
SWEAT EQUITY PAYS HIGH DIVIDENDS!
Interested In Becoming A Stager?
Interested in starting your own home staging business? Get ready for the most modern, up-to-date, comprehensive course in the industry. Embracing and teaching today’s business technology in addition to upholding to the highest level of industry education to keep your work cutting-edge and efficient, you’ll find our courses offer more than the old way of doing things.
Beginning with delivery through online classrooms where you work at your own pace before moving on to face to face interaction with mentoring and “in-house” classrooms where you will actually stage a home for sale. You’ll get learning tools that make real business sense as you step ahead in this highly competitive industry. All of our classes are taught by professionals who are currently working in today’s market – keeping you up on today’s trends and how to overcome current market obstacles & objections. Karen Otto, owner of Home Star Staging is the Staging and Redesign Course Trainer for Texas, Oklahoma and the North West Louisiana region.